With all the lovely broccoli coming out of the garden at the moment, last week I decided to whip up an addition to our hot food range we sell at the Real Foods Market on Tuesdays. And Broccoli Bites were born.
Our market customers loved them, and came back for more, so here's the recipe for you to enjoy as well!
- 1 large head broccoli
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of bread, crusts removed
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut broccoli into florets and steam until just tender. Cut into small pieces.
- Whisk together the eggs & mayonaisse.
- Tear the bread into small pieces and add to the milk & mayo mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the cooked broccoli and mix well.
- Spoon into oiled muffin tins and bake for approx. 20 minutes at 180C.
- Allow to cool a little before removing from the pan.
- Eat cold or hot.